Are you tired of trudging through the vast and treacherous world of Elden Ring on foot? Do you wish you could swiftly summon a trusty steed to carry you across its sprawling landscapes? Well, I can help you out.
Let me show you how to summon a horse in Elden Ring for quick access to unlimited travel. So say goodbye to blisters and sore feet and hello to the freedom of riding through this fantastical realm on the back of your very own equine companion.
Summoning a Horse in Elden Ring
You can summon a horse in Elden Ring by moving your Spectral Steed Whistle to an empty slot in your Quick Item Tab. Once you do that, simply press ‘’E,’’ and then press the key your Spectral Steed Whistle is activated with.
If you’re unsure where to begin and how to obtain Spectral Steed Whistle, stay with me on this quick journey, and follow the next steps:
Find the Spectral Steed Whistle
The first step to summoning a horse in Elden Ring is related to the particular site of grace. Namely, you’ll need to find the Spectral Steed Whistle at a certain spot on the map:
- Right after you enter the open world, go straight to the Church of Elleh. This church is right in front of you, so there’s no way you’ll miss it.
- Once you reach the destination (literally takes less than a minute), you’ll want to head North-East straight to the Gatefront.
- The path will take you through the forest, but the moment you exit, you’ll see a massive gate on your left-hand side.
- Run towards the gate, and you’ll locate a site of grace.
- Discover the site of grace and rest at it.
When you decide to rest at this site of grace, you’ll meet a lovely lady called Melina. She will tell you her story, and you must accept her help after the cutscene.
She will eventually give you your first Mount Torrent, the Spectral Steed Whistle. And now, you’re ready to summon a horse.
Moving the Spectral Steed Whistle in Your Quick Item Tab
Getting the item you need is one thing, but learning how to use it is essential. Here’s a complete guide on how to activate the Spectral Steed Whistle for both PC and consoles:
- Press ESC or enter the main menu
- Find the ‘’Pouch’’ on the top right corner of the screen.
- The first 4 slots in the Pouch are Quick Access Slots
- Hover the mouse over one empty slot and press ‘’F’’ for PC gamers; for Xbox, it’s ‘’A’’, and for PlayStation is the cross button.
- You’ll see a different screen where you have to select the Spectral Steed Whistle.
- Back out of the menu and press ‘’E’’ for PC gamers; for Xbox, it’s’’ ‘’Y’’; and on the PlayStation, it’s a triangle.
- This will open up the 4 slots from the Pouch in the bottom left corner.
- Press the button your Spectral Steed Whistle is activated with.
The only thing left is to enjoy riding your mount as you explore the world of Elden Ring.
Meet Aleksa, a seasoned tech writer and avid gamer at heart. Hailing from a quaint town, his passion for gaming blossomed early on. Devoting countless hours to honing his skills, Aleksa evolved into a professional gamer, traversing the globe and participating in premier gaming tournaments. Eventually, he discovered his innate talent for writing and decided to merge it with his extensive knowledge in technology and gaming, carving out a niche for himself as an exceptional tech and gaming writer.