After a long hiatus, FinalBoss is back with the first episode of our rebooted podcast. This time, the team has expanded and your hosts will be James, Ryan, Shaun and Scott. Abiding by strict social-distancing measures, the team chat from their homes via webcast.
In this episode, FinalBoss talk:
- Our top news picks of the week! [skipto time=”32″]
- The Mandalorian Season 2 and what we want to see [skipto time=”926″]
- Tenet’s potential cinematic delay and the fallout of such a decision [skipto time=”2602″]
The Podcast News
Each week the team bring a piece of news that caught their attention that week. In our first episode, we have four stories for you:
- Ryan chats about Amazon Prime’s new TV series Upload. Set in a future society that uploads consciousness to computers, it explores a future concept many believe to be just around the corner.
- Shaun brings us news of directer-duo Phil Lord and Chris Miller who, following their boot from Stars War’s Solo movie, have been drafted into a new sci-fi project.
- Scott’s story covers the reveal of Unreal Engine 5, with the team discussing what it means for the gaming community.
- James discusses The New Mutants, an X-Men movie that has been delayed time and time again, and looks set to potentially be released this year – or maybe not!
What to Expect From The Mandalorian Season 2
The biggest talking point of FinalBoss Podcast Episode #1 is the return of the Mandalorian later this year, and what we’re hoping to see when it finally gets to us. While most of the FinalBoss team enjoyed the first season of The Mandalorian, we all agree that we expect more from this season. In this chat we discuss pushing forward with some more Mandalorian lore, progressing the Baby Yoda plotline, and giving us a better sense of the Mandalorian as a character.
Will Tenet’s Delay Be The Death of Cinema Until 2021?
Finally, we close off the podcast with a discussion on the recent news that Christopher Nolan’s big new movie, Tenet, might be delayed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Since this delay will occur after the lockdown measures are relaxed and cinemas are reopened with social-distancing measures, concerns are that a push back of Tenet may destroy the confidence of other studios. We talk about the prospect of a year without any more new releases, if Tenet paves the way for all movies to be forced back into the new year.
FinalBoss will be back with another podcast very soon. If you enjoy the show, please subscribe wherever you listen to your podcasts, so you won’t miss our next episode!
Ryan is your local game aficionado. A master button basher with years of dedicated gaming under his belt, he’ll constantly be keeping you up to date with all the latest releases.