In recent years, a quiet technological revolution has been unfolding, one previously relegated to the pages of science fiction novels where artificial intelligence (AI) is commonly portrayed as the over-powering menace to society’s freedom.
Today, AI technology has advanced to a point where major tech companies such as Google, Microsoft and other leading innovative brands are developing and releasing products built around this technology. Wide-spread adoption is happening across dominating industries including gaming and music. Despite the visible progress, AI integration has been happening behind closed doors for a while as tech companies developed innovative and disruptive products. The following are a few examples portraying the use of AI within well-known mainstream services on the market:
- Amazon utilizes AI to power its personal assistant, Alexa to interact with natural language voice commands. The recommendation engine used for Alexa uses AI as well to personalize product recommendations for each user.
- IBM’s Watson platform uses AI to offer various AI services that included natural language processing (NLP), computer vision and machine learning.
- Intel’s Xeon processors and Movidius VPUs (Vision Processing Units) are built to accelerate machine learning workloads and enable extreme AI computing to power autonomous vehicles and drones.
The AI technology that has been applied has mainly been narrow in scope, with applied algorithms training models on a narrow set of tasks (e.g. speech). This type of AI technology is referred to ‘Narrow AI’. However, the most recent disruptive AI software of CHAT GP uses what is called as ‘Deep AI’. This term is applied towards machines that can think, comprehend, learn and apply intelligence to solve complex problems.
Despite the most recent focus on ‘Deep AI’, a segment of the market participants continue to focus their attention on innovative products using ‘Narrow AI’. These businesses are applying AI to innovate mainstream solutions across multiple sectors.
This article explores how innovative software companies are leveraging AI technology to build digital marketing solutions that are disrupting traditional customer journeys.
AI Content Creators
Content creating software is now powered by AI technology. This software leverages natural language processing (NLP) to read consumer trends and behaviours online, opening up new opportunities for product customization and personalization.
AI content writers apply NLP to generate personalized content (e.g. recommendations or personalized email campaigns) therefore rendering highly effective marketing campaigns. The next evolution of NLP technology uses multiple NLP neural networks to produce next generation content writing AI software.
The smart technology of AI content writing is also used in conjunction with AI powered customer support chatbots and virtual assistants. As an example, AI content writers are being utilized to produce catchy product descriptions online that are leveraged by AI customer support agents on live chats to generate highly relevant feedback to customers.
NLP technology has made customer interactions with virtual customer service agents very natural. Chatbots and virtual assistants’ ability to render highly realistic and personalized responses to customer queries delivers higher customer engagement.
AI Video Generators
AI video generators are the latest addition to the collection of AI powered tools. This software uses NLP technology to deeply analyse consumer preferences and other datasets to deliver highly personalized and targeted video content.
AI video generators deliver highly customized and targeted video content in a short period of time, delivering higher levels of customer engagement. Different examples of how AI video generators enhance customer experience include:
- Real-time consumer engagement with on-demand, highly relevant and timely video content.
- Delivering more impactful messages tailored to consumer interests and needs.
- Generating data-driven intelligence for marketing professionals to optimize video content for best results.
- Generating content in multiple languages for global engagement
- Enhancing video content, making it more dynamic by adjusting product recommendations and/or offers based on customer patterns and tastes.
- Customer experiences are now interactive with AI video generators. Consumers engage with customized video content like never before (e.g. forms of interaction with human-like avatars that can be applied to deliver a personalized virtual service).
- AI Picture Generators
AI picture generator software is another branch within the family of AI-powered cutting-edge software. This image generating software allows users to create highly personalized and interactive visuals that include images, 3D models, paintings, digital art and drawings based on customer tastes and interests. These generators are powered by algorithms trained on large datasets of images and video, giving them the ability to create visuals in different styles and techniques.
AI picture generators have a wide range of applications but are particularly useful for industries with a high demand for visual content, such as marketing and advertising. Marketers are utilizing this technology to improve online consumer experiences, making them more engaging in a number of ways, including:
- Bringing new forms of consumer engagement that include virtual try-ons for clothing or makeup.
- Generating highly accurate images of difficult-to-visualize products and services for higher levels of consumer engagement.
- Creating individualized product images or personalized avatars for a deeper emotional connection between consumer and brand.
- Allowing for the scalability of image content generation, resulting in more content for customers to consume at any given time.
AI Autopost is a technology that uses AI to automatically schedule and publish tailored content on social media platforms. It utilizes NLP and predictive analysis to understand consumer needs and preferences while interacting with users without the need for human input. This tool is highly effective for businesses and individuals managing social media marketing, as it allows them to create new forms of AI-powered customer engagement. Some examples of how AI Autopost can improve customer engagement include:
- Personalized messages and content based on consumer tastes and interests
- Posting of content at optimal times when the target audience is active/online
- Providing consistent updates and timely responses to consumer inquiries and comments.
AI text-to-speech (TTS) technology uses NLP and machine learning to translate written text into spoken words. The use-case for this tech is the provision of virtual assistance and accessibility features targeting visually impaired audiences. This innovative tech brings with it accessibility, automation, personalization, and entertainment features that produce results in customer satisfaction and engagement. The following are a few examples:
- Blog posts and content websites can target wider audiences as written content is easily convertible to audio versions for consumers to listen to on-the-go.
- Voice-overs for video content are scalable and easier to create, enabling marketers to reach more audiences across the globe.
- Marketers can reach wider visually impaired audiences like never before as TTS renders audio descriptions of products/services.
AI graphics technology has developed exponentially, creating highly realistic and immersive graphics and interactive digital media.
AI graphics merges AI technology with the visual creative capabilities of computer graphics. AI in this context is applied for generative art to produce original animations and images through applied and trained algorithms. One other form of rendering is real-time rendering where AI tech is used to bring more realism in the form of simulated physical phenomena such as lighting, shadows and reflections.
AI in graphics is also utilized to automate 3d modelling and texturing. Highly engaging game environments are now possible with AI as games simulate highly intelligent behaviour of non-player characters and other features of a digital world. Thanks to this technology, virtual reality (VR) has evolved into a highly immersive experience with realistic renders of environments and characters.
The following are a few examples of how marketers are leveraging this technology to produce highly interactive and personalized levels of consumer engagement.
- Creating highly personalized ads using AI-generated graphics built around consumer preferences.
- Higher interactivity levels enabled by this technology through polls, games, etc. provide more immersive customer experiences.
- Marketers are working behind closed doors on how they can use AI-generated graphics to produce highly immersive virtual and augmented reality advertising content to their audiences.
- AI graphics applied to create realistic images or contexts that enable audiences to understand exactly the product/service and make informed decisions.
- AI graphics can be leveraged on social media to create individualized GIFs and videos that attract audiences.
AI Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
AI SEO uses machine learning algorithms to analyse websites, predict search patterns, and optimize website content for better ranking on search engines. This tool automates tasks like keyword research and link building leading to improved customer engagement. AI SEO improves the user experience as follows:
- By identifying trends and consumer tastes and optimizing website layout and other elements accordingly.
- Personalizing customer experiences with AI-powered chatbots and optimizing content for natural language queries used in voice searches.
- Forecasting of consumer needs and improving customer experience by analysing past performance data.
What next frontier will AI-Powered Marketing Conquer?
As AI goes mainstream, businesses will continue to explore how to use it to drive growth, building on the successes of tech giants. The future of digital marketing with AI tech looks bright as:
- Smarter and more advanced AI algorithms are expected to develop deeper insights of consumer tastes and intent, driving unparalleled customer engagement by marketers.
- More AI integrations are on the plate to create more seamless customer experiences on social media and mobile apps.
- Smarter AI will lead to more refined predictive analysis, leveraging data to more effectively anticipate customer demand and build campaigns, offers etc. around such consumer needs.
- Integration of AI to virtual reality products will intensify the seamless interaction between humans and technology.
- Amazon Announces Alexa Custom Assistant
- IBM Watson | IBM
- Intel Unveils Neural Compute Engine in Movidius Myriad X VPU to Unleash AI at the Edge | Intel Newsroom